Wednesday 7 April 2010

When did we become so ungrateful?

Inspired by work at Compassion.

So I sit here and my mind cries
For the cries I hear are fake
Unfounded, Unwarranted
The cries I hear are so undeserved

What do we really do?
In all honesty, what do we truly do?
We rely on so much
Use our strength so little
Yet at the first appearance of hard work
Real work
We cry

Using intellect to challenge and confront
Using intellect to avoid the simple truth
To make excuses
But a thousand excuses
And a thousand more
Will never release our minds from the laziness we adore

Learning to love
Is learning to work
To be completely selfless
To wash, bake and rake with a smile
A real smile
Heart felt, from within
Yet our smiles are paper thin

It hurts my heart
And it pains my mind
To hold back the complaints I feel boiling in my head
And I am ashamed to utter the words of complaint
So I take them with me to bed

What did we come here for?
To serve
To truly serve is to truly work
To truly work is to truly love
So I promise God that when I leave here
I will have learnt the value of this love.

No comments:

Post a Comment