Sunday 4 April 2010

Kenyan Diaries: Manual Labour Time!!!


I have been itching to write but net access is so scarce around here!!!I have walked miles to try and use the internet only for one thing pr the other to happen!!! Amywho...lemme catch you all up!!

So we arrived at the project on the 25th I believe. This meant our four days of fun and tourism and learning i guess was over!!! Todays work was to doig fairly deep holes at Kanyanjara school. This is the school we are working at while we are here. Poverty is very clear at this school. The children wear very raggedy clothing and only God knows what some of them were eating for lunch. The love and happiness I see in their eyes when they see us is priceless!

So anyway, the work is very strenuous and the walk to work...kai!!! We have to walk up and down hills of mud in heat or rain...the wather here is mad but that's a story for another blog!! So after filling the holes we had dug with manure we got to plant our trees. The first day was sooo hot so work was pretty difficult but I am remaining surprisingly upbeat!! I can only imagine what my girls would be saying if they knew this is what I was doing!! Everyone is pretty annoyed that we are doing a whole lot of manual labour as opposed to the teaching we had all hoped for but to me the most important thing is to remain positive! Despite the fact that I am always hungry I am here to serve! So that is what I will do!!

So much more to say...so very little time!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment