Tuesday 13 April 2010

Kenyan Diaries: Big brother House or What!!!


"And today I would like to nominate...!"

One thing I did think about before I came out here was the possibility of not liking or getting on with the rest of the 15 in the group. Thankfully, that isn't the case and I do like everyone, at least a bit!! But i did forget how irritable I am and sometimes it is very easy for a person who has specific characteristics to annoy the heck out of me! Patience Alimah!Patience is surely something I am both working on and exercising out here but at times like at today's house meeting I begin to reach boiling point!

Little things like people being impatient over butter, always asking but never offering and my worst - always feeling the need to butt into my conversation and add their two scoops of unwanted input!

Earlier this week we had a big brother moment when some mess over volunteers 'work ethic' caused a big madness during the mid week meeting. Needless to say the supervisors handed it rather badly in most of our opinions and it did cause a lot more upset than anything else. It was like nominations in the bb house when they are done publicly basically!!!

And at today's meeting I did manage to keep my mouth shut through most of it but I was set off and one point by a small comment that was highly inaccurate. It's so easy to get irritable out here!

Working on my character means trying to rid myself of characteristics I dont think reflect well of me as a woman, a black woman at that and most importantly, a Muslim. And my somewhat 'faisty' nature when I get vex is one of them. So I am proud I only allowed one small warranted outburst just there! But by the end of this I do hope and pray nothing trivial will be able to frustrate me as much as things often do and if they do that I am able to handle them a lot better!

Especially miss 'two scoops'!!

No comments:

Post a Comment