Sunday 11 April 2010

Another Tear Drop

I don't think I have another teardrop
To describe the pain I feel
I don't think my eyes can take the burning guilt
And I don't think my heart can take the aching pangs of anger

I don't think I can read another sad story
I don't think I', strong enough
I don't think I can see another example of poverty
My sensitivity is too much

I feel weak
Like there's nothing in the world that i can do
Like my next set of teardrops
Will just deepen the puddle of pointlessness

Hopeless even though I am here
Because I am not doing enough i fear
Hopeless because tomorrow will be tomorrow
And today is still today
S0 who is to say
That i will even feel the same way

This world is so unjust
And when I see it
]I see red
I feel red hot in anger
And sad in cold blue

But i don't want to shed another tear of inaction
I will do my part and have faith in You.

Inspired by Agape South Africa.

Today we watched a DVD about a children's home in South Africa. The children were all Orphans...many of which AIDS orphans. Through music they ultimately saved their home...long story...

During the DVD we were introduced to a particular family. Both parents had died leaving 5 young children in Agape and two older sisters and a older brother in the falmily home. The older brother was also ill and during the film i\we discover the\at he actually had HIV and he later dies. It was so emotional from start to finish. I cried throughout. I hate that I always do that. It hurts. And miss Keys who I happen to be listening to as I write this sang with the children when their home burnt down and they were flown to the states to do a fundraising concert for their home. It was part of her Keep A Child Alive charity.

So I can't help but feel sad. Though I'm here 'doing my part' there is so much more to do! And I resent us when we (us volunteers) sit and bitch and complain about such trivial things when we have so much. And more so because Platform 2 has allowed us to be here at close to no cost at all!!

If today's house meeting and this DVD have taught me anything it is to really 'still smile'. Smile because its the loving thing to do. Smile because it is an act of charity. I will try my very hardest to moan less, gossip none and appreciate every little thing with all thanks to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment