Wednesday 25 August 2010

Waving bye to my Gap Year :'(


A Gap Year to Remember

As I sit here attempting to work through the mass of Pre Course study for my LPC my mind wonders into a realm of anxiety! My gap year is actually over and I will be a student again! And while I thought doing my LPC part-time would mean I would still have lots of me and you time the pre course study indicates that that’s not the case! And I have a part-time job AND I’m still working at the Law Centre once a week! I’m about to be MIA!!! The prospect of being super busy does excite me as the devil makes work for idle minds so I am pleased mine will be consumed but yesterdays dozing off at court (while assisting the duty solicitor on housing cases) reminded me of my inability to function 100% during lectures and tutorials! So I can just see the cans of Monster and Red Bull I’m going to have to get through to keep up with myself!!

But on a happier note this gap year has been well worth it! Through the sad times – my cousins loosing their home to that Peckham fire, my beautiful Volkswagen Beetle exploding in the same fire, the crappy times at BPS (call centre) and failing my driving test (argh) twice (double argh)...to the good – the fun at the BPS, my buzzing social life, working at the law centre...to the downright AMAZING...Spain, Portugal (last summer counts!), Tunisia, launching my own business (Liallah Vintage), my blog  , the birth of my beautiful nephew and of course the trip of a lifetime...KENYA!!! Not to mention the friends I made and kept along the way - My BPS buds (though their unlikely to last let’s face it!) and my Kenyan lassie’s!

All in all its been truly wonderful and a serious learning curve in my life. I have definitely grown immensely in this short time and as I enter this next season I will allow my life lessons to guide me through...

One of my closest friends Abimaro once wrote to me and said something like - Everything in life has a season and we are not always in full bloom but like a beautiful orchid, we are constantly growing and if we wait patiently we will realise bloom is never too far away.

I live by that in many ways. I have three goals for myself that I hope to achieve in the next year of life and I feel that next season I will attain at least one of these. And I will wait patiently until full bloom reaches me...I’m not sure I’m ready for full bloom anyway though it’s slightly creeping up on me (aging) ;)!!

It’s a pity that orchid died!! Lol!!

P.S...Hold tight marriage season too...I have 4 weddings to attend in the next 3 months!!! Hang tight the Joan in me...keeping it zipped!!! ;)

(Above is a random pic of me and three of the Superb Six at my leaving do b4 Kenya)

No comments:

Post a Comment